Sossego is the exclusive US distributor of award-winning modern Brazilian designers Aristeu Pires and Domingos Tótora. Sossego [so-SAY-go] is Portuguese for tranquility, reflecting the firm’s aim to purvey the Brazilian lifestyle of warm, relaxed, and welcomed comfort to North America.
Sossego’s contract program is available to commercial designers, architects, project managers, and developers, with special pricing and customized services to achieve specific project solutions.
Sossego delivers exceptional service and unmatched design. Its significant purchasing scale and commitment to customer satisfaction—all the way to the ultimate user—provides unmatched value, beauty, and enjoyment.
Experience, Awards, Multinational Projects
- A global coffee retailer installs Aristeu Pires furnishings in hundreds of retail locations, including major Brazilian airports, then awards Aristeu Pires its #1 vendor for 2015
- Aristeu Pires, for 15 years building a stellar reputation with the finest hotels, restaurants and workspaces across South America where he is known in the A+ D community as “King of Chairs”
- Anecdotal: 500 Duda Chairs receive heavy, daily use in upscale São Paulo food market over three years; zero issues, zero returns; 1,000 chairs in use for several years at a major Rio de Janeiro hotel with no defects
- The Golden Box by Carbondale, São Paulo
- Mister Jiu’s, San Francisco, Duda Chair in the New York Times
Whether an executive office, ancillary work area, boardroom, restaurant, café, place of worship, boutique hotel, educational facility, or public lobby space, Sossego is dedicated to providing delightful customer service, beautiful products, and value-added project solutions. See contract FAQs here.
The Sossego Story
Sossego was formed after a serendipitous meeting in Ann Arbor Michigan of two native Brazilians: former tech engineering executive, now award-winning furniture designer Aristeu Pires and entrepreneur Jonathan Durling. The two connected over a mutual love of modern design and Brazilian culture. Jonathan, an artist and businessman with dual Brazilian and US citizenships, was enthralled with Aristeu's complete oeuvre.
Compelled to bring authentic Brazilian design, its warm and modern aesthetic, and the way of life it represents to North America, Jonathan joined several US and Brazilian partners to form Sossego. The company is continually reviewing new designers to complement its curated offerings as it aims to lead the category of Modern Brazilian Design in North America.
Sossego’s flagship US showroom is in the Design Center at the Merchandise Mart in Chicago.